Fort McPherson provides a unique opportunity to participate in the development of a 488 acre world class Science Park/Employment Center. The McPherson Implementing Local Redevelopment Authority (MILRA) anticipates taking control of a major portion of this facility in September 2011. Coordination efforts between the MILRA, Atlanta Mayor Reed, the Mayor’s Cabinet, City of Atlanta service providers, police, fire, and other utility providers has already begun in anticipation of closure.
Situated minutes from the world’s busiest airport and downtown Atlanta, direclty adjacent to two MARTA stations, this is the single largest redevelopment opportunity in Metro Atlanta.
- 127 acre “Georgia Institute for Global Health” to be developed in collaboration with the University System of Georgia, the Governor’s Office, the Georgia Research Alliance, and other stakeholder and private developers.
- 3.5 million square feet of Labs, Office, Medical and Conference space, 1,787 units of residential development and a campus style collaborative environment to house Georgia’s core competencies in vaccines, infections diseases, neurosciences and other targeted services.
- Opportunities in 2012 for mixed-use development and early joint-ventures to develop low cost research space adjacent to USG supported facilities and Class A Office space.
- Historic Asses to be made available near planned neighborhoods and Science Park.
- The centerpiece of the development will be a linear park with old growth trees, paths, golf, bike trails, and a 30-acre Event Space, a new home for special events and festivals.