Reports have just resurfaced that Mayor Pittman has requested the City’s Tax Department to submit the financial information to move forward with her recommendation to remove the property tax limit from the City Charter. This is something that first came up at the now infamous Town Hall meeting in which the Mayor created a hostile environment by speaking down to citizens and not producing documentation to back her argument.
Your Guy for That, Dustin Drabot will stay up to date on these new developments to raise property tax rates in East Point. If you are not familiar with how the Mayor has been threatening to raise property taxes since the new council took office in January please review some of these earlier posts:
- Feb 17th – Original Battle: Utility Rates vs. Property Taxes
- Feb 20th – Online Petition Created
- Feb 24th – Your Guy for That provides an actual cost breakdown to see how much it will cost you<<<Most Popular Article
- Feb 25th – Rally at East Point City Hall
- Mar 1st – Contentious Town Hall Meeting
- Mar 20th – Utility Rates Remain the Same & Creates Deficit in Next Year’s Budget
If you helped rally against the property tax increase earlier this spring, it’s time to jump back into action. If you are just now hearing about this threat to home ownership in East Point, here are some great resources for you:
This entry was posted on Monday, April 30th, 2012 at 8:49 am. and is filed under East Point, Feed, Homepage, News & Reports, No New Taxes, Real Estate, Taxes. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.